The situation is serious. The world is facing a virulent and dangerous virus.
Faced with the many cases which are multiplying, some products such as antibacterial gel are out of stock. In addition, some people are riding the #coronavirus wave to get rich by selling them for a high price.
This is why we offer you a simple recipe, achievable at home and within everyone's reach.
Bacteria are everywhere and although hand washing with soap and water is recommended, sometimes it is not possible.
This is why this hand sanitizer gel with essential oils will have its place in your bag, in your car, at the office ...
Our recipe is a little more than the amount of alcohol recommended by the Quebec Ministry of Health and Social Services. Indeed, a gel composed of at least 60% alcohol seems to be more effective.
Although we are inclined to offer you recipes without alcohol, well it turns out that alcohol is powerful anti bacterial and the goal here is to achieve an effective hydroalcoholic gel.
Before starting to make your hand gel, remember to disinfect the equipment: worktop, bottle, container ...
1- Your ingredients:
- 64 g of Alcohol 99% (Isopropanol)
- 5 g of glycerin
- 30g of Aloe Vera Gel *
- 15 drops of tea tree essential oil *
- 15 drops of ravintsara essential oil *
- The alcohol is a powerful, rapid and universal disinfectant and antiseptic. It eliminates a wide spectrum of bacteria and complements the action of essential oils. This is the key ingredient.
- Glycerin helps disperse essential oils in alcohol, it also serves as a moisturizer while forming a protective layer on the skin.
- Tea tree essential oil: is known for its antimicrobial properties. It is antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal ...
- Ravintsara essential oil: is antiviral par excellence.
- The aloe vera : is added for its softening, hydrating side and it allows to have a slightly jellified texture. Be careful, I strongly advise you to use this kind of aloe Vera. We recommend using 99% pure gel as thereof
2- The instructions:
- Pour your essential drops into the glycerin and mix well in a bowl.
- Add your aloe vera gel and mix.
- Pour in the alcohol and mix again to obtain a homogeneous gel.
- Your gel is ready, pour your solution into a pump bottle.
* Let stand 24 to 72 hours to give the mixture time to kill the residual germs in the bottle you will be using.
* Essential oils are optional and you don't have to use all 3.
* Avoid if you are pregnant or plan to use it with children. Indeed, the high concentration of alcohol in the recipe makes it possible to fight effectively against bacteria even without the addition of essential oils.
* This recipe contains alcohol, keep it away from fire or open flame. Smokers be careful with all anti bacterial gels.
*Avoid contact with eyes. Do not put gel on your hands before touching your contact lenses.
* In general, alcohol-based products should be avoided on children, prefer soap and water for your little ones.
* If you want a more gel-like texture like in the picture, you can add xanthan gum.
* You can also add a drop of food coloring to give color to your gel to avoid confusing it with one of your face products for example.
The association with essential oils allows to kill viruses and bacteria. Be aware that this hand sanitizer gel is not as effective as those used in hospitals. On the other hand, it helps to limit the risk of contamination.
Some bacteria are useful for our natural immune defense, which is why they should not be overused. WHO recommends washing hands with soap and water as regularly as possible.
The Information on this page is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. This website is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your doctor regarding your medical care.